Billed as “an even smarter watch for kids,” the VTech Kidizoom DX is modeled after more expensive smartwatches with similar features. For example, it includes a colorful touch screen that can display over 50 different digital and analog clock face designs.
As you’d expect from a child’s toy, it has a variety of games and activities tailored for kids. Out of the box, it has 8 different learning games with support to download more, 3 fun game-like activities, a voice recorder with five whacky voice-changing effects, and a camera that can take photos and apply unique visual effects, frames, and filters. The camera can also be used a video recorder.
Additional functions include a timer, an alarm clock, calculator, calendar tool and downloadable apps.
Bundled with the watch is a micro USB cable which can be used to upload photos and videos, download content from the VTech Learning Lodge, as well as recharge the battery.
The body of the watch is splash and sweat proof, which means it can withstand outdoor play. That said, you do not want to submerge the watch underwater, so it’s not suitable for showering or bathing.
This model features:
- A multi-colored camouflage finish
- Touch screen color display
- Camera with photo effects, filters, and frames
- Video recorder
- Voice recorder with silly voice effects
- Increased storage to hold more photos and videos
- 8 pre-installed learning games with more to download
- Integrated motion sensor with three action-based challenges
- Digital and analog watch display with more than 50 custom faces
- Timer, alarm clock, calculator and calendar modes
- Splash and sweat proof design (DO NOT SUBMERGE)
- Connects to VTech’s Learning Lodge to access additional content
- Includes micro USB cable for download/upload and charging