It is essential to consider several things, especially when buying a smart wearable. Besides smartwatch battery life, you also need to consider the storage space for different types of applications. Buying an Apple Watch could be pretty expensive compared to other bands, but the features it provides are worth its price. However, you cannot enjoy the smart wearable if you don’t have enough space for the apps you need to install. Worry no more because, in this article, you’ll learn how to free up space on your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch: Tips and Tricks to Get More Space
Compared to your iPhone or iPad, the smart wearable from Apple doesn’t have a lot of space, especially if you are installing different fitness apps, music, and even podcasts. Learning how to free up space on your Apple Watch will surely help you put other types of content you want to install on your smart wearable. So how can you get more space? Here are some tips:
1. Learn the amount of storage your watch has.
Apple Watch has a different watch version. That’s why it is essential to know how much storage your timepiece has. This way, you will be more mindful of how much content you’ll put into the smartwatches. For instance, Series 6, 5, and SE can hold 32GB of space. Meanwhile, there’s only 16GB on the Series 4 and Series 3 GPS + Cellular model. However, there is only 8GB for the Series 3 GPS model.
2. Get rid of the apps you don’t use anymore.
It would be more practical to delete the apps that you don’t often use. This way, you can declutter your Apple Watch, giving you more space for new content. To delete the apps, follow these steps:
- Open the app and then swipe down the My Watch screen until you reach the Installed Apple Watch section.
- Next, tap the name of the specific app you want to get rid of.
- Turn off the Show App on the Apple Watch switch; then, the app will be deleted from the watch.
- When you return to the previous screen, the app now appears in the Available Apps section. You can reinstall it on your watch by tapping the Install button.
3. Resync the photos.
Consider changing the limit of the photos which are synced from your phone to your Apple Watch. To do this, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Once done, wipe down the My Watch section and tap the entry for Photos. Consider changing the album that gets synced, then control the number of photos synced to your watch.
4. Unpair and repair your Apple Watch.
Suppose you are low on space; try to unpair and repair your watch. Here are the steps:
- Tap the All Watches link at the top.
- Once done, tap the Info icon for your watch and select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Wait for the pairing process to finish.
- Next, bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch. Wait for the pairing screen to appear.
- Tap Continue and then follow the steps to pair it again.
Buying an Apple Watch might sound like a luxury, but it can be a necessity because of the features it offers. However, you’ll find it challenging to use if you cannot install the apps you need. To make sure you are using your Apple Watch to the fullest, free up space on your device and gain more important content.