Gone are the days when people had to wait for a long time to receive a reply from their message. With the help of technology, there are applications that you can use to send and receive messages instantly. Some of the popular messaging apps which people use nowadays include Messenger, Telegram, and WhatsApp. Since smartwatches can be connected to smartphones, you can receive notifications from these apps on your timepiece. If you have a smartwatch and don’t know how to connect your WhatsApp on smartwatch, this article is for you.
What is WhatsApp?
Like Messenger, WhatsApp is a messaging app owned by Facebook. It is one of the first mobile apps to offer free and internet-based messaging. Meaning you don’t have to use cellular-data networks to send and receive messages because a Wi-Fi connection is enough. The best thing about WhatsApp is its streamlined communications, allowing billions of users to communicate whenever and wherever they are. The following are some of the features you can enjoy using the platform:
- Desktop access – Forgot your smartphone? You can use WhatsApp’s desktop version for Mac and PC.
- Document sharing – Besides photos and images, WhatsApp enables its users to send all kinds of documents, including PDFs, spreadsheets, and slideshows.
- Photos and video sharing – You can send videos, photos, and GIFs using WhatsApp. And the best part? The images and videos are not pixelated and can be downloaded anytime you like.
- Secure messaging – One of the best things about the app is its end-to-end encryption. Meaning you can guarantee secure communication.
- Voice and video calls – Like Messenger, you can also use WhatsApp to make video calls which allows you to add up to eight participants on one call.
- WhatsApp Business – WhatsApp also has a business account that is designed for entrepreneurs.
WhatsApp on Smartwatch
Suppose you have a smartwatch and you are using WhatsApp or planning to install one; here’s how to use Whatsapp on smartwatch:
How to install WhatsApp (Android smartwatch):
If you have an Android smartwatch, you can run Whatsapp smoothly. Since the latest version of the smartwatch supports WhatsApp, you don’t have to go to the app store to download the messaging app. But if you are clueless about this, you may follow the steps below:
- Pair your smartwatch with your smartphone. You have to download the wearable app from the play store to access it.
- Go to the setting option and then tap manage notification.
- Activate the WhatsApp notification.
- Connect your WhatsApp account to your smartwatch directly.
- Once all the steps are done, you can access WhatsApp and effectively read all incoming messages.
Probably, you are wondering why you have to connect your WhatsApp to your smartwatch. Here are some reasons:
- Enjoy two ways of replying to a message.
- Get instant notification of getting a message from the platform.
- Have previews of the incoming message.
WhatsApp is a very useful application that you can integrate into your smartwatch. Smartwatches for women and men will become more helpful devices when you can use them for communication. Although not all smartwatches allow you to send replies, most wearable technology today will enable you to have a preview of the incoming message. You can find this helpful because you don’t have to get your phone to read the message. If you haven’t connected the platform yet to your smart wearable, consider installing WhatsApp on smartwatch.