Check out Top 5 Reasons You Should Wait To Buy A SmartWatch Now – providing a contrasting view of this article.
The smartwatch is revolutionizing how people access data. Rather than rely on a smart phone which is bulky, obvious, and difficult to use in certain situations, many people prefer this new technology. They like smartwatches because they like items that are discreet, easy-to-use, and fashionable. It’s easy to express yourself with a smartwatch in your choice of color, band type, and watch face.
Do Your Research Before Purchasing
If you’re considering buying a smartwatch now, there are some things you’ll need to know. For example, which models work best with smart phones? What types of apps are available? Will the features on the smartwatch benefit you? Will you need to upgrade the software often?
All of these questions and more are legitimate. In order to find the right smartwatch for you, you’re going to need to do some research. More importantly, you need to know exactly why you need to buy a smartwatch today rather than wait until later to get one. After all, new technology is often flawed.
Weigh the Pros and Cons
Better, more efficient and less expensive models come out with time. In order to get the most bang for your buck, you’ll have to weigh out the pros and cons of each manufacturer’s brand. You’ll also need to factor in how well the item syncs with your smart phone. If you’re planning to upgrade your phone or switch to a different carrier, your smartwatch may not work with the smartwatch you plan on buying.
Compelling Reasons for Buying a SmartWatch Today
There are a number of different advantages to owning a smartwatch. From a fashion perspective, there’s nothing cooler than having technology available on your wrist. From a convenience standpoint, you won’t have to pull out your clunky smart phone every time your friend text messages you.
Here are five reasons why you should buy a smartwatch now:
1) Stay Current – Let’s face it, you’re not getting any younger and technology doesn’t wait for anyone. If you want a smartwatch now, it’s for good reason. You’re likely to be busy at this age and you need something that can streamline tasks and make your life easier.
2) Discretion – It’s considered bad manners to pull out your phone in certain locations. With a smartwatch on your wrist, you can discreetly check texts and alerts without letting others know what you’re doing. If you’re in a situation where it’s not ideal to be talking or utilizing a phone, you can still stay in the loop without offending everyone around you. Being on your smart phone all the time is quite rude and something that many employers frown upon.
3) Stay Connected – You’re one of those people that feel a need to stay connected to the technology you own. You constantly check and send email and text messages. You’re the first of your friends to recommend a good restaurant or bookstore. Your social media accounts are up-to-date, fun, and interesting. A smartwatch gives you instant access to everything your smart phone offers but in a much more convenient way. While running on the treadmill at the gym or commuting to work in the big city, you can keep track of the world around you without missing a beat.
4) Great Toy – You’re the type of person who has money to spend. You don’t mind upgrading to newer models of gadgets because quite frankly, you want to flaunt your ability to scout out and use new technology. You don’t get sticker shock easily and you really care more about the product being offered than the price that’s being charged.
5) Trendsetter – You’re innovative. You like to be the guy or gal who owns the newest gadget first. You like to tell people about your experience using a particular item. That’s why you need a smartwatch.
If you’re the type of person that would wait in line for hours in order to buy the latest technology, you’re going to want to buy a smartwatch now. In addition to impressing your family and friends with your good taste, you’ll be on the verge of a new revolution. You’ll be the guy or gal that boasts about your very first smartwatch and how it was superior to the models that preceded it.
Functions of a SmartWatch
Along with being able to send and receive text messages and alerts, smartwatches offer their users a variety of functions. Here are some of the more popular features the smartwatches of today offer:
- The ability to place and receive calls. After all, the main function of a smart phone is to send and receive calls. Many smartwatch models make it easy to communicate with people on your contact list without having to pull out your phone to do so.
- The ability to send and receive texts. Some smartwatch models allow their users to send and receive text messages, but this comes with challenges like creating predefined responses and voice to text translation.
- The ability to receive alerts. Stay up-to-date on the news and weather. Keep track of your friends as they update their social media accounts.
- The ability to access your playlists. Play music while working out, walking or riding the bus. It’s so much more convenient than carrying your phone in hand.
- The ability to “hack the software” and make it your own. Engineers have made it possible for app developers to create their own apps that work with different smartwatch models. If the app you need doesn’t exist, create it! Or, wait for someone else to do it.
- GPS tracking. Some of the newer smartwatches are GPS-enabled. That means that it’s easy to update location information online simply by wearing the watch.
There are some truly compelling reasons why you shouldn’t hold off from buying a smartwatch any longer. Make sure to weigh out all of your options before settling on a particular model and note whether or not it’s upgradable as you will soon be switching out your smart phone from one model to the next. Be a part of the future. Get your watch and customize it to your liking. You’ll be glad that you did.